In the modern world, shower enclosures come in a number of styles, designs, and shapes. You can choose the best ones for you on the basis of your requirements. A shower enclosure doesn’t only make your bathroom look better but also make it a lot more convenient and practical for you to use your bathroom. When people plan to renovate their bathrooms, a shower enclosure is the first thing that comes to their mind.
If you are also someone who is planning to improve their bathroom’s aesthetic appeal, shower enclosures are surely a great idea for you. But before you choose a style or design for your home, there are a few things that you will have to take care of. Let’s find out what they are.
How to Choose the Best Shower Enclosure for your Home?
There is no denying the fact that there are so many shower enclosure options available in the market. With this, it becomes overwhelming for the homeowners to make a choice. Here we are with the things that you will have to consider when choosing a suitable shower enclosure option for you.
- Shower enclosure glass is an important thing and that’s how it should be treated. It is important that you make sure that the glass you are choosing is thick enough to not break easily. You will also have to make sure that the glass comes with an easy to clean film for easier maintenance.
- In order to prevent water leaks outside the cubicle, you can also choose options that are self-closing or magnetic.
- If you want to achieve a seamless finish, we suggest considering an installation that is invisible and hidden. For that purpose, you can go for frameless shower enclosures if your budget allows you to.
- Sliding and bi-fold doors are known for their high-quality and durable rollers. This makes it easy for the user to enjoy high durability and smooth gliding for a long time. If you think that you will save money by buying plastic rollers, you will end up paying more than the metallic options.
- You can find glass shower enclosures in a number of designs to match your bathroom’s décor. There are so many designs, styles, colors, and options that you can choose from on the basis of your requirements. You don’t have to worry about not finding an option that suits your requirements. In case no option suits your requirements, you can also get your shower enclosure customized as per your requirements.
For every bathroom, there is a suitable shower enclosure that you can get. Here we are with the different types of shower enclosures that you can consider for your home.
This type of shower enclosure fits the corners of the bathroom.
It opens into your bathroom.
This type of shower door can save space in your bathroom as it opens inwards.
If you are planning to replace bathtub walls, it is a perfect choice.
For the homeowners, who wish to enjoy their shower more, you can get a steam shower cabin. You can rejuvenate and relax in the convenience of your shower enclosure.
It suits well to those homeowners, who want a larger space to bathe.
Why is the Thickness of Glass Important?
The thickness of the glass that you will be using in your shower enclosure is really important because it doesn’t only impact the durability but also the price of your shower enclosure. Based on your budget and requirements, you can choose the thickness of the glass.
- 8mm glass is thick enough to offer high durability and integrity to both framed and frameless enclosures. This is a great option for people for whom quality is more important than price.
- 6mm glass is a cheaper version of 8mm glass and is also strong enough and resistant to wear and tear.
- 4mm is the least durable option out of these three but still a good option when you are on a budget.
Choosing the right shower enclosure for your bathroom is not easy. You will have to do a lot of smart work to make the right choice. Dallas Glass Family is a popular glass company that offers the best services for shower enclosures in Dallas. You can let us know what you are looking for and we will provide you with the best customized services.